I had the amazing opportunity to attend 4 organ workshops with the Tabernacle organist, Richard Elliott! At the end of the classes he allowed those who had attended all the classes to play the Tabernacle organ. Seriously a once in a lifetime opportunity. People come from all over the world to place the Tabernacle organ! What was even more exciting was that Barrett and I have been preparing a piano/organ duet for church and were able to play it together at the Tabernacle. I wish it was on video for everyone to hear, but the pictures (which are still amazing) will have to do.
Our organ class
Playing "All Creatures of Our God and King"Richard changed the stops for us, making everything sound dramatic and exciting.

He took us on a tour of the pipe chambers after, which is another amazing sight in itself.
Jon Schmidt's dad just happened to take the classes and Jon was able to play the organ there as well. We thought we'd get a picture between the two famous LDS stars.
1 comment:
this is so cool! All Creatures of Our God and King is my favorite song.
Post a Comment