Sunday, August 16, 2009

Lake Powell

We love Lake Powell!
Barrett's Aunt and Uncle were so awesome in letting the entire Taylor side of their family (about 30 people) use their boat and sleep in their house boat. Barrett has been to Lake Powell multiple times, but I had not been since I was 12. Needless to say, I haven't been much of a boater and am still scared everytime I get in a boat and know I have to be pulled behind the boat. This is my own choice because I want to try everything, but I always have to prepare my mind before doing anything. So I am happy to say that I kneeboarded and wakeboarded for the first time, as well as surfed and tubed. Everyone was supportive and I was happy I was brave. Of course Barrett is a pro at everything behind the boat, but sadly we didn't get many pictures behind the boat.

Getting ready to kneeboard


Barrett's brother, Isaac, found an artifact from a past family trip to Lake Powell, ha ha.


We also had a lot of fun just swimming and chilling on the rocks.



Cliff jumping...

I had to post this cute picture of Barrett's cousin's son, Aiden, wearing Barrett's hat. He was exhausted by that point and fell asleep not long after.

Barrett doing a back flip off the house boat. Sorry for the sideways video... just turn your head.

2 comments:

Blake and Jenn said...

When did you go and where? We just got back Saturday. We stayed up by Forgotten Canyon. I had never been on a houseboat before this year! It sounds like you had a ton of fun and that's awesome you wakeboarded and did all that stuff! Yay for Lake Powell!!

John and Mikelle Hafen said...

looks like so much fun. i love lake powell too!