Sunday, April 11, 2010

Running Update


http://ironann.files.wordpress.com/2009/08/running.jpg
I have been training for 2 and 1/2 months and am just beginning to learn the reward in running for extended periods of time. Yesterday I ran 5.5 miles! This is not too far for those who consider themselves a "runner." However, the most I had run consecutively up to this training was 4 miles. I still have 2 months until my race and will be adding hills and more miles each week. It is still overwhelming and I get nervous thinking about the end result, yet I take it one run at a time. I heard about a team who ran last year and all the runners had cancer. The team captain had just received chemo the day before and was running. Wow! As I hear more stories about others succeeding it helps me to know that I can do it too. I look forward to the race and the other stories I will hear. Lastly, thank you to Barrett for being supportive in the time I spend running, encouraging me when I am not confident, and listening to the many complaints of my physical pains.

2 comments:

Brittney said...

Keep up the good work! I admire anyone that can run- even if it's just a little bit. Is that a picture of your legs running? If so, check out those calf muscles!! P.S. Yeah- come see us!!!

Blake and Jenn said...

That's awesome. And, to me that is a long distance to run! I just recently started running/jogging again and am glad to hear your success. What race are you doing?