Sunday, June 5, 2011

Changing focus

After almost 2 years of art lessons I will no longer be taking. My teacher has the opportunity to study under another artist and I decided to place my focus somewhere else. However, the last project I was working on was sketching faces. It's the one area I was especially nervous to work on, but knew I wanted to learn and practice as much as I could before ending. So I decided to post 3 of my better sketches as a goodbye to art lessons.

This is Barrett's cousin's baby that was born in January. The sketch should be horizontal, so he is laying down on a blanket, but for some reason I couldn't get it it to upload right.

This is a sketch of my friend Natalie.

This is a sketch out of an art book in a section about facial expressions and emotions. You can decide on your own what emotion this is...


Shortly after I decided to stop taking art lessons my next door neighbor asked me to teach her two boys piano. I was thrilled for the opportunity and am now focused on being a piano teacher.
http://www.paulhahn.com/images/pianos.jpg

No comments: