Friday, December 23, 2011

Barrett's Birthday

We celebrated Barrett's 25th birthday last week.
He had a final the next day, so we kept the celebrations low key and stayed home for dinner, presents, and cake.


One of my not-so-brilliant ideas was the decorating of Barrett's cake. We didn't have icing for the writing, but I did have gel food coloring from work and thought that would work great for letters. First of all, it was hard to make the letters and by the time I was done all the food coloring was gone.
Then when we ate more of the cake the next day I realized the repercussion of my food coloring. I looked at Barrett and my dad as they ate and couldn't help but laugh at their blue mouths.

We were able to go the Mormon Tabernacle Choir concert the next day then celebrated again on the weekend with Barrett's family. I am so grateful to be married to Barrett and love having a day where we can celebrate him. I love you honey!

No comments: