Yes we are having a baby! I am due October 10 and we will soon find out what gender our baby will be! The process was harder and longer than expected, but when you look back on it, it really wasn't that long and the timing is perfect for us. During one of our difficult nights I discovered the song, "A Thousand Years" by Christina Perri, that brought comfort and is now our "baby's song". We smile everytime we hear it (and no I didn't know it was on Twilight until way after. But I don't let that ruin our song). It should be playing right now.
Isn't this the ugliest picture of both of us? Ha ha! But the only one we have together, so it will forever document our exciting night.
Telling both families became a lot more chaotic and stressful than planned. We decided to tell Barrett's family by decorating their house and then they would see it when they all walked in from church. At the same time. However, it did not turn out as planned. Due to Barrett's cousin's farewell that day, only Barrett's parents went to their ward, so they all showed up at different times. We didn't think we would have enough time to decorate so we started blowing up balloons in the car on the way there! Barrett blew up balloons and I tied them and threw them in the back of the car. Wouldn't you have loved to have been the car next to us at the stop light watching us frantically blow up balloons and seeing our car slowly fill up? We had to tell Morgan and Porter to come back later and Sophie had to wait outside for a little while. In the end it all worked about and was a lot of fun. They just found out in shifts. We have videos of all three groups coming in to find out.
Telling my family: we often play the game called Telestrations with my family, except we just use our own sentences, not the actual game. So what happens is you start with a sentence, pass it to the next person and they draw the sentence, then it's passed to the next person who writes what was drawn, etc. etc. We thought it would be really fun to tell my family this way. Great idea, but a little harder to plan and it really stressed my brother-in-law out who was right after Barrett and had to make sure the news came out right, ha ha. It was really fun to see each new person find out and add to the number that knew. It made it all the way around until the second to last person, so my mom ended up being the only person who didn't get the message, as you can see from the last sentence. So we had to wait a little longer and finally my mom understood as I shared my sentence. Here are the drawings:
In addition to the big change of having a baby, we will also be moving to a new apartment in Murray in two weeks! We will have 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms and I can't wait to start getting our baby's room ready. We are excited to start a new chapter of our lives, after 4 years of the same. Also, Barrett's younger brother, Isaac, got his mission call to Mexico City! He leaves in the middle of August. We will miss him a lot, but are excited for the opportunity he has to serve.

.jpg)
.jpg)

.jpg)
.jpg)



2 comments:
Congratulations, you guys! We are so happy for you! Love, Weston and Ashley
Erin! I am SO SO STOKED for you! And I love that we are due on the same day. That song "A Thousand Years" I have loved since I first heard it, but listening to it after reading your post makes me love it even more and now it brings tears to my eyes as I watch your videos! Congratulations friend! So so happy fory you!!! And have you moved yet? Let me know if you need any help...
Post a Comment