Friday, August 24, 2012

30 things to do before I turn 30

Awhile ago my sister posted about 35 things she wanted to do before she turned 35 and I loved the idea! I love setting and accomplishing new things, so for my birthday I created a 30 before 30 list. Each time I cross something off I will take pictures and post about it. Here it is:

30 before 30 list
1.   Go on a backpacking trip
2.   Dye hair brown
3.   Take cooking classes
4.   Complete Spanish Rosetta Stone
5.   Sew a “quiet book”
6.   Buy a piano
7.   Visit 2 places in Utah never been to before
8.   Climb Mount Timpanogos
9.   Find 3 new ways to do hair
10.   Figure out decorating style and implement throughout house
11.   Read President Monson’s biography
12.   Go on a trip outside of the United States (even if just Canada or Mexico)
13.   Do a session in the Bountiful temple
14.   Stop working full-time and start teaching piano
15.   Use every dish and cooking appliance we got for our wedding at least once
16.   Read Your Musical Child by Jessica Baron Turner and The Art of the Piano by David Dubal
17.   Swim laps for exercise
18.   Buy a cute, unique watch
19.   Plant a vegetable garden
20.   Go on a romantic, formal date with Barrett
21.   Make a patchwork quilt
22.   Go on a long bike ride
23.   Organize Itunes
24.   Go rollerblading
25.   Visit the Grand Canyon
26.   Buy a house or have plans to buy a house
27.   Play another piano/organ duet with Barrett
28.   Find a hat that fits my head
29.   Spend a day with no plan or to-do list (not on vacation)
30.   Learn about a topic never studied before

2 comments:

Alyse said...

That's a good idea! good luck! I think I might copy you too!

Julie said...

oooooh! I LOVE this! I think I might need to also join in the phone! What a fantastic idea!