Wednesday, October 22, 2014

And Baby #2 is a...

 BOY!
We are so excited to have a boy joining our family! When we first found out we were pregnant we both liked the idea of having a boy because it's fun to have a different gender, but as time went on we both started thinking it was a girl. And this continued until my sister, Melissa, found out that she was having a girl (after having 4 boys; yay!) just a few days before our ultrasound. As I talked to her on the phone I started thinking that our baby was a boy. So for the last few days I felt strongly we could have a boy; however, Barrett still thought it was girl. And so did most of our family members. Only 3 other people in both our families thought we were having a boy. So it was a little surprise when we went to the ultrasound, but not shocking. It's funny how obvious it is on the ultrasound when it's a boy. She zoomed in and said well what does it look like? We hesitantly said boy and she said, I haven't ever seen a girl look like that, ha ha. Here's the ultrasound hanging on our fridge.
I bought some blue nailpolish that day and we found a cute pair of boy shoes. (We've already found that shopping for newborn boy clothes isn't quite as exciting as shopping for girls. I kept pointing out the cute girls clothes and gravitating to what I could buy for Lily, ha ha) Then we decided to have a photo shoot the next day in our boy attire to announce the gender. Here are the pictures we took with our tripod.
 We were SO lucky with these pictures! It was sunny all day until just before we started taking pictures and the raindrops started falling as we were cleaning up. Plus, Lily was pretty grumpy and tired. In fact, we were all pretty grumpy that day :) The excitement of announcing from the morning before had worn off a little as we tried to make the picture work in the cold right before dinner. But for 2 pictures with Lily we told her to look at the camera and say "Cheese" and she did! Plus the pictures looked good! A miracle!
 I like the first picture with Lily's hand reaching for me and the shoes :)

You can see how tired she is here. Didn't want to be set down.
 Everything feels a little more real now that we know the baby is a boy and I'm starting to feel movement. I'm just about halfway through the pregnancy. Can't wait for a new baby to join our family!
Just a cute impromptu video of Lily from another day. She came up on her own to say hi to baby. So cute! And now she says calls him "little brother". I love having another child to experience pregnancy with!

No comments: