General Conference was definitely a different experience in Norway. I didn't even remember there was a General Women's broadcast the week before because it shows in the middle of the night here. I was able to watch online a few days later. Growing up in Utah I never really thought about the adjustments other members of the church had to make to watch because I watched it on a local channel, live. And it is so much easier now than it used to be because of the internet. Last year we adjusted to watching it two hours later than normal, but since we're 8 hours ahead here the times are confusing. So we started the first session at 6:00 p.m. Saturday night, then watched the second session in the morning on Sunday. We attempted to watch the priesthood session too, but it wouldn't work for some reason, so we had to postpone that. Then another late session for Sunday morning and later in the week we watched the last session. At least we were still able to stay home in comfy clothes and make our couch as comfortable as possible to enjoy the sessions. I'm also grateful we can read the talks whenever we want because I already need a refresher on the amazing talks that were given!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment