Saturday, July 4, 2015

Oliver's Blessing

Since my mom was coming to town, we decided to wait until she was here to bless Oliver. To be honest I got teary eyed while getting him dressed really missing all our other family members, wanting them to be a part of it too. But I was so grateful my mom was there! We decided to record the blessing (and a friend in our ward was so kind and recorded it and wrote it down for us as well!) and we sent it to Barrett's parents and my dad so they could at least hear what was said.

I had the hardest time deciding what to do about a blessing outfit for Oliver but I think the cardigan onesie with a bow tie was perfect! I love him so much!

After he was blessed he slept in my mom's arms the rest of church.
 (Notice the translation headset on my mom. This is how Barrett and I participate in church every Sunday. We feel so lucky to be in a ward with called translators so we can understand the lessons and talks.)

A few pictures after sacrament meeting.


I am so grateful for a husband who holds the priesthood and was able to give Oliver a name and a personal blessing! I'm grateful for our eternal family! I can't imagine life without my husband and children.

We also invited our friends from upstairs (their twins are not in the picture) and were grateful for their support!

No comments: