Sunday, October 19, 2008

China Cabinet

Barrett and I bought this china cabinet at a yard sale for $50 before we got married. We planned to paint it black and started sanding in the summer, but it took a long process before we completed it. We forgot to take a picture of how it looked originally, but this is it sanded down.
Then we distressed the cabinet. It was fun to hit it and carve holes! This is Barrett working.
We then searched all over for the right paint and it took two coats to get it this black.
Barrett surprised me while I was gone one Saturday! When I got home he had sanded parts of the cabinet to give it an antique look. He also bought some nice hardware to replace the old rusted gold ones.
You can see the sanding and hardware better in this picture. It looks great in our small apartment! Now the next project is for me to fill it with our dishes...

3 comments:

Thomas and Mandi said...

Looks good, guys! Erin, your hair looks so cute in those pictures! Maybe we'll see you guys this week at the grandkids dinner. It's been forever!

Brittney said...

It looks SO great! I can't wait to see it in person. Ryan is going to be very impressed!

*Jordan and Whitney* said...

Hey this looks so awesome! You guys are way creative. I am glad I found your blog you guys are way cute. See you soon! ours is jordanandwhitney.blogspot.com if you want to check it out.