Two weeks ago Barrett and I hiked Mount Olympus with Barrett's dad and brother. Barrett hiked it with his dad when he was 11 and I had never hiked it before. We talked about doing it all summer, but ran out of time. So when his dad invited us the night before, we took the chance. To tell you the truth, I was nervous. Barrett said it was a difficult hike, but little did I know how difficult it would be. I am happy I did, but wow it took a lot of mental stamina.
The first three pictures are before the hike.
This is what I looked like from Barrett's point of view. I would not have made it up the mountain without my wonderful husband! He was amazing and kept pushing me. I really think he would have run up the mountain if I hadn't slowed him down. But I'm grateful for him!
Just before the last stretch of the hike there is a beautiful spot called the saddle. We had a short break and took a lot of great pictures.
I thought the lighting in these two pictures Barrett took were beautiful. WE MADE IT!!
... and it was worth it. The view is breathtaking!
I was excited for the trek down, which Barrett was not excited for, and I quickly found out why. It's just as hard! But close to the end we took pictures by this perfect seat from a fallen tree.
The end! I think we should have taken a picture showing how tired we were. Poor Jeff had blisters on his feet and our bodies were dead. We all had sore legs for a few days... well all except Porter.
2 comments:
Anonymous
said...
Ha! I learned how to make a comment - finally! There is great tradition in this trek up Mt. Olympus, as you know. One by one, all of our kids will make it up to the top with their dad. I hope that this is a tradition that Barrett will continue someday. Love Ya.
I had a tradition which only lasted a couple years of doing that hike on Labor Day. Not as easy as it looks! One time I talked my dad and brother into going with me. I'm not sure if my dad has forgiven me!
2 comments:
Ha! I learned how to make a comment - finally! There is great tradition in this trek up Mt. Olympus, as you know. One by one, all of our kids will make it up to the top with their dad. I hope that this is a tradition that Barrett will continue someday. Love Ya.
I had a tradition which only lasted a couple years of doing that hike on Labor Day. Not as easy as it looks! One time I talked my dad and brother into going with me. I'm not sure if my dad has forgiven me!
Post a Comment