Tuesday, February 17, 2009

25 Random Things About Me

There has been a forward going around Facebook where you write 25 things about yourself. I saw that someone had put this on their blog for others to read who are not on Facebook and thought it was a good idea, so I copied (thanks Ashley).
1. I was lucky to find my husband in high school where we had the perfect relationship... and still do :)
2. One of my biggest pet peeves is misspelled words, even in text messages (ha ha, I'll try and make sure I don't have any in this)
3. There were three instruments I wanted to play in my life: organ, violin, and harp. I play the organ, took maybe three violin lessons from my old roommate, Kjersten (thanks), and have never touched a harp.
4. I have always wanted to try oil painting but am deathly afraid I will be horrible so I never try.
5. I climbed Mt. Olympus in the summer and would have died without Barrett.
6. I am going to run a 5K this summer. This is surprising for me because I have always hated running and never had the desire to be in a race.
7. Crock pots are the best way to make dinner in a busy world. I have something in there right now :)
8. I want a lot of children and have a feeling most of them will be boys.
9. I would rather jump out of an airplane (skydiving of course) than scuba dive.
10. I love school and plan on receiving my Master's and PhD. someday...
11. My biggest dream is to go to Africa, preferably doing humanitarian projects. I'm not sure why but I talk about it all the time, just ask Barrett.
12. My job is a lot like going on a mission, so the boys say.
13. I always want to buy necklaces because I don't have any, but then the earrings are so much cheaper that I buy the earrings instead. Thus, I hardly wear necklaces.
14. I don't like scrap booking anymore: I'm not creative enough, it takes too much time, it costs too much, and all I really want to look at is the pictures anyway :)
15. Since I stopped writing regularly in my journal in high school I always go through a guilt phase because I don't write anymore. I should start doing that.
16. I used to be obsessed with The Office and my obsession has since changed to The Biggest Loser.
17. I forgot to take my Utah State Aggies license plate cover off my old car before I traded it in :(
18. I love making lists and crossing the items off. Sometimes I even write something down that I've already finished so I can cross it off. I am driven by completion.
19. I am always a little envious of people with curly hair.
20. I have become somewhat of a health nut this last year. I'm always buying the low fat stuff and making Barrett eat fruits and vegetables.
21. I learned that I am horrible at visualizing things in my head. That's probably why I am not very good at drawing, decorating, or dressing, hmmmm
22. I'm probably the most unobservant person you've met.
23. But besides that I remember the most minute details that don't matter. I honestly could tell you my thoughts and feelings from any particular event clear back in high school.
24.I am attending FREE organ classes from the famous tabernacle organist, Richard Elliot!
25. Someday the list of all the things I want to learn and accomplish in my life will be crossed off.

2 comments:

Tiffani said...

I was so fun to read some of these things about you... I am planning on doing this in the next couple of days! So fun to see you in Utah!

John and Mikelle Hafen said...

so fun to get to know you better!! i love the skiing picture!