Sunday, September 9, 2012

Lake Powell

The last family trip before Isaac's mission: Lake Powell. We had a great time with Barrett's family! It was a much needed, relaxing vacation. Here are some of the fun pictures to document the trip.

We barely made it out of Salt Lake (went as far as Pleasant Grove) and one of the tires on the trailer went flat. Luckily we found one tire store open that early in the morning and quickly went on our way again.
Then about 20 miles outside of Nephi the other tire on the trailer went flat, ha ha. This was our refuge for over an hour right by the barbed wire fence while we waited for another tire to get fixed. Luckily we left early in the morning or we would have gotten to Lake Powell in the dark.
Riding in the boat, kayaking, and wave running was about all I could do, so I tried to get on this as often as possible.
One of the activities I couldn't participate in: cliff jumping. But I got some good pictures.


I hadn't been to Rainbow Bridge before so we all went on the short hike to go see it.

Barrett, Isaac, and Porter "boy band" wherever we go, so I thought I would document it.
I don't really know what Barrett is doing in this picture...
Or in this one.
Another activity that I terribly missed: tubing. Next time...
Just wanted to post some landscapes of beautiful Lake Powell.



2 comments:

JacCrafts said...

How fun! Glad you were able to make it there before your little one comes...you are brave! Hope all is going well and you are getting ready for your new arrival...it's getting so close!!!

Julie said...

So fun! You are the cutest pregnant lady ever! Why am I not surprised! Glad you guys had a good time with family before Issac left.