Barrett and I wanted to do one last vacation with just us before the arrival of our baby. We decided to stay close to home and spent a weekend in Midway at the Homestead Resort. It was a great weekend!! August was a crazy month, so we were lucky to find a weekend where we could get a away from life and relax.
This was the room we stayed in. After dinner the first night, we walked around the Homestead grounds and saw the crater. All this time living in Utah and I didn't even know the Homestead had a famous crater!
The first night we went to a Mexican restaurant called Tarahumara and the food was great! If you're ever in Midway it is worth the stop. They have a salsa bar that is fun to try out.
The next day we found some awesome boutiques in Midway and bought a lot of stuff for our baby's room and living room. We will definitely go back up there again to shop for home decor. We also found a cool used bookstore.
That afternoon we went golfing at Wasatch Mountain Golf Course.
Surprisingly, I was still able to swing a golf club. But I was really tired by the end of the round. I wanted Barrett to take pictures to document that I really did tee off with a big belly :)
The picture doesn't capture the real beauty, but the weekend was gorgeous up there. The leaves were just barely starting to change.
That night there happened to be a free Peter Breinholt concert at the
Homestead right outside our porch. So we brought out our chairs out and
enjoyed the music.
We went hot-tubbing that night and drove home over Guardsman's Pass the next day to see more beautiful scenery. It could be awhile before we get a vacation with just us again, so we feel lucky we were able to squeeze it in before our new arrival!
So I realized that I haven't really said much on the blog about our baby. We definitely notice and acknowledge all the changes and have done a ton to prepare, but I haven't done well journaling the progress. I also wasn't big about sharing all the week by week photos, but people are asking to see some, so I decided to just put some of the progression of belly shots throughout the pregnancy.
Week 6: The first belly shot we took the night we found out I was pregnant. I don't think there is anything to see there yet, but I remember trying to convince Barrett that I noticed my stomach getting bigger. I can't even imagine ever having a stomach that small anymore.
Week 19: About halfway through, just before we found out we were having a girl
Week 23: Now you can start to see baby
Week 28
Week 37: This what I look like now. With the busyness of baby showers and getting ready for the baby, we had a long delay between belly shots, ha ha.
We are SO excited for our little girl to come! We have 2 1/2 weeks until her due date, so she really could come any day! Because of my mom and sisters going early, and many other stories of friends not feeling prepared for an early arrival, we have been prepared with the essentials for a couple of weeks. And now have just had time to gather more stuff and get everything ready. Now we will wait until she is ready to come and look forward to this next chapter in our family! (And yes, I will post pictures of our nursery soon...)

.jpg)








.jpg)




3 comments:
3so fun! I've always wanted to stay up in Midway, it is such a beautiful place...and I'm glad you guys were able to get away for a bit too! Can you believe it is really just around the corner? It could happen any day now...
I am so glad you guys got to get away, that is one thing I wish Gabe and I would've done! Yay!!! I am so excited for you guys! I am coming at the end of October and I can't even wait to meet the little beauty! Good luck! We'll be praying for ya'll! Can't wait to see pictures of her! Post some on facebook when she gets here so we can see her! Love you THREE!
Yay! Love the photos! Midway is such a gorgeous place! I sure would love to stay up there sometime! You look so cute Erin! I cannot wait to meet this little girl!
Post a Comment