Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Lily's first 6 months-Part 1

Wow! Time goes by SO fast! While I was pregnant I was determined to stay on top of keeping track of Lily's development so we could remember, but life happens and the more time went on the more I avoided doing my blog or even reading others' blogs. However, now that we are living in Baltimore and I am no longer working I told myself I had to catch up and then stay updated with our new life. I'm not sure how many posts it will take me to get through Lily's first 6 months, but I decided to organize it by some attributes that we will always want to remember and that was uniquely Lily. Here goes Part 1.

First and foremost we will always remember that Lily was a "sucker" from the first day. Here is an adorable video we have from the day she was born.


The funny thing about her constantly trying to suck at the beginning, is that she never became a thumb sucker. These pictures make it look like it, but she really would just suck any body part that got near her mouth: her whole fist, my collar bone, Barrett's finger. But she has been a binky baby, so I guess that replaced the thumb.

Second, Lily has acquired quite a few nicknames. We used to call her Lilosaurus a lot because she always made the funniest noises; and they made her sound like a dinosaur. Lilypad became a fast nickname with my niece and nephews. We still call her Lilybug quite a bit. And the one we love most, and use all the time because it applies so frequently, is Silly Lily. This can only be demonstrated by these pictures:

 When I was looking through pictures I found this picture and remembered the "O" face.

Another funny face Lily used to do was the frowny face. I loved it and I wish she still did it, ha ha.      (I'm not sure why it's squishing the picture, but I don't want to spend the time figuring it out)

When Lily was first born we swaddled her in the "pod" and we were always surprised how much she could maneuver without having arms.

Then she would start to escape out of the pod a little at a time.


One attribute that has stayed with Lily is how calm and easy-going she is. She has been a very flexible baby. It would have been hard to take her to work with me if she hadn't been so easy-going. One example of this attribute was when her bows would fall over her eyes, but she didn't yet have the coordination to grab them yet. We might hear some fussing and then look at her and start laughing because she was just moving her body around trying to see.


Lily has cheeks. We will always remember her chubby cheeks.


The last quality about Lily that we love is how happy and social she is. She smiles at almost everyone she sees and is constantly kicking her legs with excitement when people talk to her. We love our Lilybug!






 

1 comment:

Alyse said...

I didn't know you guys moved to baltimore! wow that is far! Lily is so cute! I miss that stage of babies! they really do grow so fast and you don't have time to do everything you planned hehe.

Love ya!