Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Part 2: Holidays

When I found out Lily's due date was in October I immediately started thinking about what I wanted her to be for Halloween. After a lot of searching through all the food and animal costumes, I finally found a cute ghost outfit for her! (Don't you love that face?)

Naturally, Barrett and I decided to be ghostbusters for our ward Halloween party.

This was her outfit during the day. Barrett's mom made a cute bow to go with it

Christmas was a really crazy day; running around seeing all the family we could, putting Lily in and taking her out of the carseat, giving and receiving presents. We were all very tired by the time we got home. But it was a wonderful day and we got to share Lily with everyone!

 We made this ornament as a Christmas gift for our parents and grandparents. Barrett and I are also carrying on his parents' tradition of giving an ornament to our children every year, so this is Lily's first ornament for her tree.

 Stockings! If you look to the right you can see the snowshoes Barrett bought for us! We loved using them during the winter.

 It was a little crazy how many gifts Lily got, but it was fun buying and opening them for her.

 Barrett made these picture blocks for a collage in Lily's room. I started crying when I opened them. They are amazing! I'll show them on the wall when I post pictures of the nursery.

You can't really see it, but we bought our first regular sized Christmas tree!

 Opening presents at the Yates

 Christmas with the Penrods
 I LOVE this picture of my siblings and me!


One of Lily's many Christmas outfits. I didn't want to bore with showing all of them, but this was my favorite. The bells on her tights would jingle when she kicked.

No comments: