Thursday, August 1, 2013

Part 3: Blessing Day and the nursery

Baby Blessings are such a beautiful way to celebrate a birth! I am so grateful to be a part of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and that my husband holds the priesthood! I loved watching Barrett take on his new role as dad while blessing Lily.

A few pictures from her blessing day:



 Isn't this adorable? 



 The families are growing...


 Lily's nursery:


As I was uploading these photos I realized: Barrett made every decoration for Lily's room. I don't know if that makes him a really attentive father and me a disinterested mother, or if it just makes him a too crafty husband and me an un-crafty wife. Ha ha! Either way, it came together perfectly!

He made these picture blocks for me for Christmas! It made me cry to see it all! (Which is saying something if it makes me cry)


 Barrett also made this awesome bow board. It looks like we need more chicken wire :)
 This was Barrett's birthday gift to me and the first decorations we had for the baby room. I did actually help to make 1 of those flower balls :)

I was stressed about finding the right chair. I knew it was a silly thing to be stressed about, but I needed something comfortable and something that actually fit me because I knew I would be in it a lot. I'm so short that in most chairs I either couldn't reach the floor when I wanted to lean back or if I could lean back my neck would sit awkwardly on the back cushion . Then after I sat in a hundred chairs at least and decided which one was best, I stressed about the material, ha ha! Well, we finally got the chair and we just laughed because it matched perfectly with her bedding. I love it! And it has been the best chair for me to nurse and rock Lily in.

Until next time...

No comments: