Monday, March 9, 2015

Valentine's Day

I like holidays! It's more special now that we have Lily, but I like that it breaks up the daily routine. And this year it was on a Saturday which made it even better because Barrett was around.
Lily opened some presents and candy-she got her first Pez dispenser from Barrett's mom.
 
Barrett made some heart pancakes for breakfast.

We gave Lily sidewalk chalk and got so lucky that the afternoon was sunny and dry so she could try them out.




That night one of Barrett's coworkers came to our house to watch Lily while we went to our friends' house for a fancy Valentine's dinner.
We had a lot of yummy food!
And Barrett and I have a somewhat new tradition to make a different type of lemonade every Valentine's Day. So we went with strawberry this year which seemed festive.


No couples night would be complete without a game. We spent the night playing Mexican Train and laughing and talking. We had a great Valentine's Day.
The next big event is our baby boy! We can't wait for him to come!

No comments: