During the countdown to Oliver's arrival I started wishing more and more that I had some cute pregnancy photos, especially with Lily and my belly. (Someday I'd like to have a real pregnancy photo shoot.) This was the week before Oliver's due date, so I was starting to get a little impatient for him to come, however, it was before the anxious ups and downs that came over the next week and beyond. To help me feel a little better I had Barrett take some photos before church on Sunday, thinking it would probably be my last time going...it wasn't.
Another day that came and went that I hadn't planned for was St. Patrick's Day. Because Oliver's due date was the 15th I hadn't given any thought to planning anything for this holiday, ha ha. Luckily my friend, Carrie, was kind and invited us over for a scavenger hunt to distract me from not being in labor.
Oh man, look at that big belly :)
Carrie was so nice and even put together a St. Patrick's Day goodie bag with chocolate coins and a leprechaun pin for Lily and sent us home with green waffles.
Now St. Patrick's Day will always be a good reminder of Oliver joining our family!
Oh and I almost forgot another night of distraction for not being in labor: a stay-at-home pedicure. I really wanted to get a pedicure and massage for my swollen feet, but it just didn't seem worth spending the money on one. So Barrett was such a sweetheart and offered to give me one!! I love him!
He started a hot bath complete with our jacuzzi jets and then came in with homemade lemonade.
It felt soooo nice!
He even painted my toenails with the closest "boy" color I had. I owe you babe...oh wait, I carried our baby and went through labor. Maybe we're even ;)
I spent another evening of distraction painting Lily's fingernails and toenails the same color. She was so excited to have "paint" on her nails.
Eventually the waiting came to an end as it always does when you're pregnant. To the next post...











No comments:
Post a Comment