After a couple weeks of this she started getting mad when we would make her walk between us, ha ha. (Note to self: I've found that Lily has been this way with many developmental stages, including her birth. She seems ready and moves quickly, but then seems to get nervous and take a long time to make the final step, getting mad if we try to push her faster. But when she decides to do it on her own there is no turning back.) When we went to our friends' house over Thanksgiving she started walking while pushing a car with wheels. So when she got back to our house she did the same with our push toy too. Finally, just a couple days before we went home to visit family for Christmas she started walking completely and confidently on her own while we were at a Christmas party with some friends in our ward. Here is the video of that night!
It's good we have videos because I can't even imagine her not walking now. It's only been 4 1/2 months, but it feels like forever. I couldn't believe how fast her learning curve picked up after she started walking. I could now see how much she comprehended when she could complete things I asked her to do and when she could play with toys on her own and move around with them. We love our Lily!
No comments:
Post a Comment