Monday, May 26, 2014

Merry Christmas!

You wouldn't believe how many pictures I had from Christmas! I put a lot in this post and I didn't even scratch the surface of all that we have. Here are the main events of our Christmas in 2013.

Since we were going to be in Utah for Christmas we decided to do a little Christmas of our own at home before we left. We are continuing on a Yates tradition and giving our children a new ornament every year on Christmas Eve.
Lily loved her sheep ornament. She carried around all day.

"Christmas morning" at our house.


Lily still frequently plays with her Little People barn.

I had been looking for stockings every Christmas we've been married and could never find any I thought were worth buying! I asked Barrett's grandma to knit us some stockings (and started a bad chain reaction in the making of great-grandchildren stockings) and they turned out beautiful! She is already making more for our future children and I love how they look!

It was Lily's first time participating in the Nativity and she got to do it twice. Isn't she just the cutest cow??
This is her expression after hearing it ring, ha ha


Christmas jammies!


We slept over at the Yates' house on Christmas Eve and spent the morning with them.

I wanted a picture with Lily by the Christmas tree on Christmas morning. This is how well it turned out. I still love the picture.

 More of Morgan's amazing photography skills.

We got together with my family the next day to exchange presents. This is the darling beanie my mom crocheted for Lily to match her coat. I got so many comments about how cute it was throughout winter.

 Penrod family photos
 Just for the heck of it, I thought I would label the names of everyone. Back row, left to right: Jon, holding Milo, Melissa, Jeff, me (Erin), Barrett, holding Lily, Ryan, holding Khloee, and Brittney; front row: Ethan, Seth, Korver, Grandpa Leo, Grandma Christy, Caden, Maliya, and Logan.
Our family is getting big!

The grandchild photo

And you gotta love these type of pictures!

To document that my grandpa spent the day with us. We all need a sweater like his!

My sister Brittney had Kholee Mae Bradshaw on November 1st. I was SO excited to meet her when we came to town. (One of the hard things about living far away from family). She planned Kholee's blessing while we were in town and I was so grateful we were there to be a part of it.

The three young cousins. They are going to have so much fun playing together as they grow up!

We were happy there was snow while we were in Utah so Lily could play in it. Well, she was fine with it... until she learned it was cold and wet (so for about the first 2 minutes).


 Can you see the tear on her cheek? So sad.

This is how she spent the rest of her time, watching the other kids play.

We were also happy we could go to our friends' annual white elephant party! Ha ha, this picture!

And last, but definitely not least, a big event we were there for: Morgan receiving her mission call! Although everyone else was anxious for her call to come, we were excited it waited until we were in town.
Reading her call to the Guatemala, Coban mission.




We also found out that she was leaving March 5. So soon! We already started making plans to be back for her farewell, which is up on the blog next time.

I rarely have pictures with just me and Lily, so here's one to sign off with.

No comments: