So, I got to thinking (after a long day of nothing) how come it is so easy to crease a shirt, but when you try to iron it out, the crease stays unchanged? Being the analytical, communication major that I am, I analyzed that. I am somewhat like a high school seminary teacher who finds strange analogies out of unimportant things, and then applies it to life. My crease is like making a mistake or an incorrect choice. The crease forms so easily, but sometimes it extremely hard to erase from your life. I will try and remember that when I am about to make a clever remark to someone. I guess staying home has some pluses. I learn new skills and often find revelations to life while I'm at it. After writing the blog in my head I put Barrett's white shirt back on the hanger only to realize I hadn't ironed the front. I smiled and continued my unskilled ironing.
Wednesday, August 13, 2008
Why is it so easy to make a crease while ironing but so hard to get it out?
Since my marriage in May I have basically been a housewife with no kids. Now don't get me wrong, I completely respect women who choose to stay home and run a household... when they have children. As for me, I continue to find ways to keep myself busy, the latest being reading Breaking Dawn, the newest book in the Twilight series. But before the book, I kept myself busy finishing wedding stuff like thank you's and pictures, working for a lady in my parents' ward, grocery shopping, washing, and cooking. And if I do say so myself, all have been successes including the easy meals I have made. But... today I found something I am not good at. Ironing. It's not like I haven't ironed before: straight skirts, flat placemats, a pair of shorts here and there, you know, nothing out of my comfort zone. But as for men's shirts. Well, just look at it:


So, I got to thinking (after a long day of nothing) how come it is so easy to crease a shirt, but when you try to iron it out, the crease stays unchanged? Being the analytical, communication major that I am, I analyzed that. I am somewhat like a high school seminary teacher who finds strange analogies out of unimportant things, and then applies it to life. My crease is like making a mistake or an incorrect choice. The crease forms so easily, but sometimes it extremely hard to erase from your life. I will try and remember that when I am about to make a clever remark to someone. I guess staying home has some pluses. I learn new skills and often find revelations to life while I'm at it. After writing the blog in my head I put Barrett's white shirt back on the hanger only to realize I hadn't ironed the front. I smiled and continued my unskilled ironing.
So, I got to thinking (after a long day of nothing) how come it is so easy to crease a shirt, but when you try to iron it out, the crease stays unchanged? Being the analytical, communication major that I am, I analyzed that. I am somewhat like a high school seminary teacher who finds strange analogies out of unimportant things, and then applies it to life. My crease is like making a mistake or an incorrect choice. The crease forms so easily, but sometimes it extremely hard to erase from your life. I will try and remember that when I am about to make a clever remark to someone. I guess staying home has some pluses. I learn new skills and often find revelations to life while I'm at it. After writing the blog in my head I put Barrett's white shirt back on the hanger only to realize I hadn't ironed the front. I smiled and continued my unskilled ironing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Erin you are so funny! This was my favorite blog post ever and I miss you so much! I suck at ironing too....
This made me laugh. Making up analogies in ordinary life is my favorite hobby. Apostles always have them, so why not us?!
Hey Barrett and Erin! I was just on Mikelle's blog and I realized you guys have one now too. So glad we can keep in touch this way. Your wedding pictures are darling, we wish we could have been there--dental school doesn't let us go on many vacations but we only have 2 more years left! hope to see you guys soon (during the holidays probably), love Ashley and Weston
Post a Comment