Tuesday, August 26, 2008

New School and New Job


Click here to learn more about Utah Youth Village

Our new adventures begin. After being spoiled with Barrett's flexible job and me not having a job, we are now finished with the summer. Barrett started school at the University of Utah yesterday. He calls himself a nerd because he is taking two Chemistry classes, Intro to Bioengineering, and Calculus. I just think he's crazy. I felt like a mom sending off their child so I decided to take a picture. He said "I bet my mom would like that," jokingly, because I don't think he thought I was serious. But I was.


I am now an employee of Utah Youth Village and working with the Families First program (which you can read about on their website you can click on above). I will be in homes helping improve the communication pattern between youth and their parents. I don't start until September 8th, but am so excited to make a difference. The only down part is that I have to work afternoons and evenings when the families are home... but that's how life goes. This is what I have always wanted to do, so I have to take the good with the bad.

3 comments:

Tiffani said...

Good luck with the new job! Sounds like fun... like something I would like to do!

John and Mikelle Hafen said...

get ready to be super busy with your new schedules! i had a job similar to that when john and i were first married while i was in graduate school, i actually ended up loving it, i had a lot of flexibility and working nights i usually had Fridays off or could arrange long weekends without having to use vacation time! hope you like it! good luck with school barrett!

Mitch and Sonnie said...

YAY Erin! I found you! What a cute blog...and I saw the one about your new hair....SO CUTE!! I can't believe you have a real job...that is so crazy! I'm glad to hear that everything is going well!