Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Ocean City

The end of catching up on the blog is in sight! Ocean City starts the craziness of the last few weeks of our life in Baltimore. Our friends, the Normans, invited us on a short getaway with them to Ocean City, Maryland. We had SO much fun!

We crossed the Bay Bridge to and from Ocean City, and I couldn't believe how nervous I was to cross it, ha ha! I've been on bridges before but that is a narrow bridge with a big drop off to water...
 
We went straight to the beach and played for a long time. Lily did not like walking on (or even touching) the sand at first. Then she found she could scoop up the sand with the cup and dump it out, and she did this for a long time, until her legs and shorts were completely covered.


See the little pile of sand between her legs?

Then we walked the fun boardwalk, picking up some yummy taffy along the way.

I love candid pictures like this!





Some pictures on the pier





And then after a great dinner we went back to the hotel to swim. This was Lily's first time swimming this season and she loved it. She seemed so much older in the pool than she did last year.
Giving daddy kisses.


I'll spare the details of our humorous night spent in one hotel room with 3 children, but if you want a good laugh sometime, I would be happy to tell :). We did get a few hours sleep before waking up to the monsoon the next day. Seriously, it rained so hard.

So we decided to go miniature golfing.

And of course shop at the outlets. What else do you do in Ocean City when it rains? Ashley and me with our matching shirts.



Keaton and Lily waiting for all of us to try on clothes in one of the dressing rooms.

Then off to Outback Steakhouse for dinner before driving back home.

We were happy we made it to Ocean City while living in Maryland. And we really need to go on trips more often with friends. So fun!

No comments: