Thursday, July 17, 2014

Ode to Cohen and Lily

I started watching Cohen 3-4 days a week August through May, so close to 9 months. And for young children, a lot changes in 9 months. I have a lot of pictures of them together so I wanted to share. Although they won't ever remember their time together or friendship, it was a big part of my life in Baltimore. Cohen is only 3 weeks younger than Lily so it was really fun seeing them grow and go through the same stages together.

I can't believe how young they look in this picture! It was almost a year ago when I started babysitting Cohen, before either were even crawling yet.


This was a contraption Barrett made for me so I could out with them at the same time.

Ha ha! I love this picture. They both are looking guiltily at the camera. Cohen just wanted the bottle right?

When they both started crawling and pulling up on furniture they wandered around the house together a lot more.



We were able to swap a lot of dates nights during the year with Julia and Sterling. It was SO nice having people close by that you felt comfortable with babysitting your child. Taking a bath together one date night.



Lily went through this stage of handing Cohen his stuff. She thought if she wanted a drink then of course Cohen did too.


They love piano sessions.
I had to try to find ways to entertain two moving babies and not wanting to go out with both of them too often. This was an idea I found a Pinterest that became a regular for a while.

Another phase at the end of our time in Baltimore was climbing onto Lily's chair to read books.

Cohen falling into our basket one time while trying to reach a toy, ha ha.

Food was always being shared.

We had a lot of fun when they both learned what "kisses" meant.




Luckily I had two of these monkeys because they both wanted them around their necks every day for a very long time.

This also became a fun game after naptime.


Easter egg hunt.

We sure do miss Cohen, Julia, and Sterling. Occasionally we get Lily's picture book of them or show her a picture of Cohen and now she can finally say his name. We love you guys!

1 comment:

Julia and Sterling said...

We miss you too! Cohen looks at his picture book all the time! (And when he sees that piano he wants to play it, haha). Wish we were still close by.